Join our brand new Flying Arts Community Facebook Group
Designed for Queensland artists, artsworkers, arts educators and those that support them, it is our hope that this new group will provide even more ways for our extended Flying Arts family to stay connected and sustained, during the current crisis, but also into the future.
Many artists, artsworkers and educators who work in regional and remote Queensland already contend with the tyranny of distance. A Facebook group that helps to connect those who already work in isolation has been a long-term plan here at Flying Arts.
Now more than ever, we invite you all to come together under the Flying Arts banner to share resources and opportunities, tell stories of personal artistic triumph (and disaster!), and connect with our broader Flying Arts community.
Resources for Covid-19 Relief
The number of resources now available to artists and artworkers during the Coronavirus pandemic are ever-growing. We now have a dedicated resources page for funding opportunities, free online support and artist residencies and events during this time.
View our list of Covid-19 Resources
Flying Arts will endeavour to keep our community up-to-date with the latest information as the situation evolves.
Australia Council for the Arts: 2020 Resilience Fund
The 2020 Resilience Fund is designed to provide emergency relief to support the livelihoods, practice and operations of Australian artists, groups and organisations during the COVID-19 pandemic. This funding can be combined with relief offered by other arts funding agencies, government departments, support services and philanthropy.
Applicants can apply to 3 funding streams: Survive, Adapt and Create.
- Individuals and groups can apply for up to $10,000*
- Organisations can apply for up to $20,000*
Applications open from 3 April until funds are expended
* Amounts vary depending upon funding stream.
Further funding opportunities and income support
Adopt an Artist Program: for artists and artsworkers who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 but are ineligible to recieve government assistance.
Regional Arts Fund will recieve new funding to support the immediate needs of regional artists, organisations and communities as a result of COVID-19. Further details will be announced soon. Learn more
- Creative Alliance seeking content creators and online facilitators
- Home of the Arts (HOTA) commissioning Gold Coast-based artists in ‘Rage against the V(irus)’ program
- The Social Distancing Festival is accepting submissions of all arts forms for display on their online platform
- Moogahlin Performing Arts Inc is calling for Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander artists to participate in paid Facebook events
- Share your thoughts, questions and ideas in the ‘Australian Arts amidst COVID-19’ Facebook group
Arts Business Resources
- ArtsHub: “Finding new audiences online”
- Museums & Galleries Queensland: Information, resources & support
- ArtsHub: “Why marketing is important now, more than ever”
- Artwork Archive: “Digital Tools for Artists to Run a Remote Career During Coronavirus”
Helping you to engage your Community Online
Did you know that Flying Arts has a number of online resources for artists, artsworkers and educators? Here’s a selection that might come in handy during this time.
- How to Photograph Your Work
- How to Write an Artist Biography
- How to Write an Artist CV
- Early Childhood and the Visual Arts Resources
- Template: Create a Stop Motion Animation at Home
The Flying Arts By Request team are also working hard to provide new and exciting online delivery options for workshops, for now and after social distancing restrictions are lifted.
Our team is on hand to discuss how you can engage your community with visual arts, arts business or management topics online, while also considering your options for public programs from the end of 2020 onwards.
Our workshops can also cater for a variety of age groups, ability levels and interests.
Want to know more? Chat with us!
If you are applying for funding to support the delivery of workshops in your local community, Flying Arts is able to provide a quote, the facilitator’s CV and a letter of confirmation to include in your application.