Flying Arts is pleased to offer the Flying Arts Alliance Bursary Program for artists, artsworkers and arts educators adversely affected by COVID-19.
Flying Arts is offering a limited number of bursaries up to $500 per person to support participation in one of Flying Arts most popular professional development programs in 2020. Bursaries cover the cost of event registration and accommodation^ (where necessary).
Eligible bursary programs include:
- Exhibition Development Programs – Mackay and Brisbane: Design, plan and manage your solo or group exhibition
- Where to Next…? Business Intensive for mid-career artists – Brisbane: map your next steps to progress your art practice and career opportunities
Applications are now closed. Successful applicants will be notified via email on Monday 28 September.
You will be required to complete a Bursary Applicant Budget as part of your application. If you are having difficulties downloading or using this file please contact Flying Arts Program Team Lead Madeline Brewer, as below.
This program has been funded by the generosity of donors who contributed to our recent end of financial year fundraising campaign. The funds raised have been matched by the board of Flying Arts to double the number of possible successful applicants.
For any enquiries please contact Flying Arts Program Team Lead Madeline Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3216 1322.
Terms and Conditions
Applicants must be an artist, artsworker or arts educator living in Queensland. Proof of residence may be requested upon acceptance of bursary.
All expressions of interest must provide details of:
- Your career path as a visual artist or artsworker by means of an attached C.V.
- How COVID-19 has affected your practice, income as an artist or career
- How your practice would benefit from participation in this program and/or how you would apply the learnings to your practice right now
- NOTE: Successful applicants will be required to sign a Funding Agreement
(*= Programs will comply with Queensland Health guidelines and Flying Arts’ approved Covid-Safe plan and any revised restrictions)
^ Art-Series The Johnson, Spring Hill, Brisbane are our preferred accommodation provider and offer friends of Flying Arts a discount: Please email email@example.com to get rates and details noting Flying Arts Alliance in the subject line.
Flying Arts recommends Ross & Turner Travel Associates as our preferred travel agency for flight bookings. Please email Rachael Heelan at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange flights to attend Flying Arts events.