Flying Arts Executive Officer
- Exciting opportunity to lead a long established arts organisation with QLD regional, rural and
Flying Arts Alliance is seeking a visionary arts leader to guide the organisation in its 50th year and beyond. The Executive Officer (EO) of the Flying Arts Alliance (FAA) is a key leadership role in the Queensland arts sector. Overseeing FAA and acting as a conduit between the programs and strategic ambitions of the Board and Membership of the organisation.
The Executive Officer is responsible for implementing the vision of the FAA Board and providing inspirational leadership both within the organisation and to the broader visual arts sector across rural, regional and remote Queensland; leading strategic and business planning and management as well as embedding the organisations values, including the central role of First Nations artists and educators.
Under the direction of the Board, this role is responsible for the executive functions including strategy and
planning; programs and partnerships; staff management; as well as governance and compliance. The Executive Officer oversees the operations of the business working closely with the Operations Lead and oversees the arts management function working closely with the Programs Team Lead and First National Lead to promote and support visual arts activity throughout Queensland. You will also be responsible for the administration of the Regional Arts Fund on behalf of the federal government, working closely with the RAF Program Lead.
You will be adept at working effectively with the board while managing a team of arts professionals delivering a diverse range of visual arts programs and arts services across regional, rural and remote Queensland.
This leadership role will suit a strategic and flexible multi-tasker who thrives in an agile environment with
exceptional attention to detail. Your interpersonal skills and professionalism will support your outstanding ability to communicate fluently with a diverse range of stakeholders, to effectively lead Flying Arts’ to its next phase.
What you will need to have to be successful:
- Senior leadership experience within an arts organisation including experience in arts management, strategic planning, financial management, grant acquittal and reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of First Nations issues and associated sensitivities
- Demonstrated executive experience in leading a diverse team to meet strategic and operational objectives
- Broad networks in the arts, philanthropic and government sectors at State and/or National level
- Experience in achieving collaboration across arts and community organisations
- Knowledge and understanding of regional, rural and remote Queensland artists, educators and creatives
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of the visual arts in rural, regional and remote communities
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to represent the organisation; liaise with and develop partnerships with key stakeholders and engage with communities at all levels.
You will also ideally have tertiary qualifications in arts or business administration, visual arts and/or education and experience in working with a Board or Committee of Management
If you are a visionary leader, with a passion for the arts and supporting the creative life of Queenslanders, and would like to lead Flying Arts, please send your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Flying Arts values diversity and inclusion and we encourage candidates of all backgrounds who meet the criteria to apply.
For more information please refer to the Position Description: Executive Officer – Flying Arts Alliance Inc
Applications close COB Monday 10th October 2022.