(Sunday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm AEST(GMT+10:00) View in my time
TAFE QLD Southbank Campus
66 Ernest Street, South Brisbane, QLD, 4101
Artist and long-term arts educator Leigh Schoenheimer will lead you through the process of constructing a simple, abstract assemblage that then becomes the subject matter for a still life as
Artist and long-term arts educator Leigh Schoenheimer will lead you through the process of constructing a simple, abstract assemblage that then becomes the subject matter for a still life as a way of exploring lenses and the material world. Reference to and appropriation of the work of Modern and Post-Modern artists provides a contemporary context for the multi-part artwork produced by each person.
– Visually record and reinterpret 3D objects
– Explore your response to subject matter perceptually (via eye) vs conceptually (via the mind)
– Construct a small assemblage and multiple derivative 2D works
– Engage in critical conversation on process and meaning
This workshop is relevant to arts educators, artists and artsworkers. It also includes direct links to the new Visual Arts Senior Syllabus, providing teachers with ideas and scaffolding for delivering Unit 1, Art as Lens.
Participants to Bring:
– Any small pieces of recycled timber or other objects suitable for incorporating into an assemblage. (For ease of transport after the workshop, the assemblage will need to fit into a small carry bag.)
– Notepad or Art Journal
– Lunch or snacks – there are several food establishments within walking distance of the venue if preferred. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Leigh Schoenheimer is an artist who lives and works in Brisbane and is a former long-term Art educator. She conducts a contemporary, multi-disciplinary art practice, working primarily as a painter and sculptor. Schoenheimer’s work has been exhibited in an impressive number of national art prizes for both painting and sculpture and is held in both public and private art collections.
She has had several solo exhibitions in both public and commercial galleries, with a new exhibition, Iterate|Elaborate, currently touring with Flying Arts. An extensive case study of her work has been featured in the recently released, senior, visual arts textbook Creative Inquiry, published by Cambridge University Press in 2019.