The Visual Field in Rockhampton
13 (Thursday) 10:00 am - 15 (Saturday) 3:00 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
Rockhampton Museum of Art
220 Quay Street
Curious about a career in the arts after school or wanting to immerse yourself in the world of contemporary art? The Visual Field is a professional development
Curious about a career in the arts after school or wanting to immerse yourself in the world of contemporary art? The Visual Field is a professional development program for young and emerging creatives (15-18yrs), delivered by Flying Arts Alliance and the Institute of Modern Art.
Meet artists and arts industry professionals to explore career pathways and connect with likeminded teens. Gain real-world experience in engaging audiences on contemporary art by producing a piece of written or digital content. Participate in a range of activities during this three-day immersive, including exhibition tours, hands-on workshops, and panel discussions.
Several participants will have the opportunity to receive mentoring from an arts industry professional to hone their arts review for publication by online arts magazine Lemonade.
Highlights for The Visual Field Rockhampton program include:
- Discussion between exhibition artist D Harding and RMOA’s First Nations Arts Officer, Melinda Mann
- Hands-on textile pattern and print workshop with artist Nilofar Lovegrove
- Curator’s tour of RMOA’s current exhibitions with curator Emily Wakeling
- Artist talk and demonstration with printmaker Derek Lamb
- Panel discussion on career pathways in the arts with Rockhampton Museum of Art, Flying Arts and the Institute of Modern Art staff
- Mentoring and feedback on writing an exhibition review by arts professionals
Program materials will be supplied by Flying Arts and IMA. This weekend is fully catered with lunches and snacks.
- A hat and sunscreen
- Enclosed shoes
- Materials for writing, photographing or documenting your experience
- Face masks are optional, but encouraged
Are you a regional, rural or remote student? Limited bursaries are available to cover the cost of participation. For more information please contact Madeline Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3216 1322.
Please note The Visual Field is operating in two locations in 2023. Are you looking for our Brisbane program that’s running in the June/July school holidays? You can find the page here.