December 18 (Monday) 10:00 pm - January 31 (Wednesday) 5:00 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
This opportunity is only open to financial members of Flying Arts. More information about membership. We are seeking submissions of tiny art works for our first two Featured Artists at
This opportunity is only open to financial members of Flying Arts. More information about membership.
We are seeking submissions of tiny art works for our first two Featured Artists at the Judy plinth exhibitions to go on display in the public foyer spaces at the Judith Wright Centre. Flying Arts will select up to four artists for each exhibition. Works will be exhibited in covered secure plinths. All works can be made available for sale (optional).
Artworks will need to be small enough to fit in our display plinths, the smallest plinth having a display area of 51 x 51cm and largest being 71 x 71cm. The acrylic covers for the plinths are 58cm high.
The exhibitions will be promoted online via website Flying Arts website and social media channels as well as the Judith Wright Centre – ‘What’s On’ pages.
To submit your works to be considered for selection, please send your exhibition proposals to our Exhibition Program Lead, Maya Carter-Malins: email@example.com
Information to include in your application
Info on the artwork
– Good quality images of the works being submitted for selection (or images of works that are similar if they have not yet been made)
– Dimensions and medium details
– Description of works and a brief artist statement
– Brief artist bio
– Headshot of you
– Address and contact details
Please call Maya on 07 32161322 (Tues-Fridays) if you have any questions. Staff will be out of office December 22 – January 8.
– EOI Submissions Close – 5pm Wednesday 31st January 2018
– Artists will be notified of selections – first week in February
– Autumn Exhibition – Artworks delivered to Flying Arts by: end of February
– Autumn Exhibition – March – April, 2018
– Winter Exhibition – June – July, 2018
Terms and Conditions
– Submissions will only be accepted from Flying Arts current financial Members.
– Artwork must be the original work of the artist.
– If the artwork is a collaborative effort or community group piece, all artists must be acknowledged and give consent for the artwork to be used.
– Submissions will be considered for any visual art medium appropriate to display on covered plinths. Preference will be given to small scale 3D and new media artworks.
– Selected works must be appropriately sized to fit into the plinth display cabinets, the smallest sized plinth has a base of 51 x 51cm, largest 71 x 71cm, the maximum height inside the display cases is 58cm.
– Selected artworks must be ready for display in plinth display cabinets ie. free standing, stable works, or provided with stands
– It is the sole responsibility of the artist to package the work appropriately, deliver their artwork to the Flying Arts Office in Brisbane, and collect their artwork on conclusion of the exhibition.
– The curator and/or venue reserve the right not to install artworks deemed unsafe for public display and to use a selection process at their discretion if the total number of artworks exceeds venue capacity.
– Selected artists allow the sponsors, venues and Flying Arts to take photographs and/or use submitted photo documentation of the full artwork or detail for publicity of the specific exhibition and prize which they have entered, and for exhibition didactic purposes prior to and during the exhibition period without fee. Archival images can be used for reporting purposes after the exhibition period with appropriate artist attribution and will not be used for any commercial activities or promotions without consent of the artist and payment for use.
– If you choose to make your work available for sale, Flying Arts will retain 22% commission of the retail price (inc. GST), please price your works to include the commission.
– Flying Arts staff and its representatives reserve the right not to publish or present artworks deemed unsuitable or offensive.