Art Innovation with State Library of Queensland for Educators
September 29 (Wednesday) 9:00 am - October 1 (Friday) 5:00 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
State Library, The Edge
Stanley Place, South Brisbane, QLD, 4101
Professional development day program for educators. Participants will experiment with the latest technologies at The Edge
Professional development day program for educators.
Participants will experiment with the latest technologies at The Edge exploring contemporary approaches to art making and digital media such as laser cutting, 3D printing, electronics and much more. Led by expert makers and facilitators, participants will get the opportunity to make objects to take home, take part in a make-a-thon and be featured in a public exhibition project involving communities from around the State!
The professional development of educators will be supported through the acquisition of new making skills as well as sessions exploring the use of design thinking and maker spaces and projects in schools.
Cost is inclusive of lunch, workshops and materials.
Please note: Innovation will not be offered as a residential program in 2021. Day program ONLY. All students must travel with a parent/guardian or teacher to participate in this program. Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.
Did you know there’s an Art Innovation program for students? Learn More
This program is delivered by Flying Arts and State Library of Queensland.
The Edge is State Library of Queensland’s space for creativity, ideas and experimentation. The Edge hosts a dynamic program of events, workshop, meetups and community lab sessions, as well as collaborative spaces to work on your projects.
Explore the range of free facilities, hardware, software and equipment available to help you create.
- Digital Media Lab: The software available includes professional software for graphic design, audio and video editing, web and app development, game design, animation and programming.
- Recording Studio: A near professional environment for recording, editing and mixing sound.
- Window Bays: Perfect for small group meetings, these small spaces seat up to 12 people, are equipped with power and data connections and overlook the river.
- Fabrication Lab: The Edge basement houses a creative space with a host of resources for you to bring your creative visions to life. It is an open access community makerspace with equipment and tools available to anyone with a creative idea. If you have a hobby, project, assignment or an idea for a business that requires a laser cutter, soldering station, 3D printer, sewing machine or CNC Router, The Edge’s Fabrication Lab can help. You just have to be over 16, wear covered footwear and have completed the relevant safety induction.
- Equipment: A range of equipment is available for use onsite, including cameras, Wacom tablets, zoom recorders, tripods and headphones. Ask at reception on arrival for the equipment you require.