Considering the current flood disaster in many regions of South East Queensland and Wide Bay-Burnett we know there is so much loss and suffering right now. We wanted to remind you that Flying Arts is here to support artists, artworkers and creative communities. Please reach out to us if you need assistance and our team will do our best to put you in contact with resources as they become available. Contact us on email@example.com or via messages on our social platfomrs, or the contact page on our website.
Below is a list of useful links and resources that may assist:
- Qld Fire and Emergency Services – link to important contact avenues: https://www.qfes.qld.gov.au/contact-us/important-emergency-contacts
- Emergency Flood assistance call SES: 132 500
- Life threatening emergency only call 000.
Disaster recovery support:
- Services Australia disaster recovery payment eligibility (up to $1000 per adult and $400 for each child younger than 16) – to claim by 1 September 2022): click here
- Qld Government – emergency hardship assistance grant: – click here
- NAVA: https://visualarts.net.au/artists-benevolent-fund/ (a new round will open later this week with applications closing 10 April 2022.
- Support Act Wellbeing Helpline – 1800 959 500 – is a free, confidential 24/7 counselling service for anyone in the arts industries – click here for Support Act Wellbeing Helpline.
- Qld Government – Community Recovery Portal (Information on Financial assistance; emotional wellbeing support; information for referrals and advice): https://www.communityrecovery.qld.gov.au/
- Qld Government Disaster Management useful guidelines and alerts: click here
Damaged art and valuable treasures:
- State Library of Queensland’s website under the ‘HOW DO I?’ section at www.slq.qld.gov.au.
- Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials (AICCM), the professional body for the conservation profession, website at https://aiccm.org.au/disaster/flood/
- Brisbane City Council click for link to Flood awareness map
Volunteer to help others: